Jake Newton counsels both corporate and individual clients on a variety of real estate, corporate, construction, employment and leasing litigation matters in his developing commercial litigation practice.
Jake joined Sherman Brown as a summer law student. He then articled at a litigation firm in downtown Toronto before returning to Sherman Brown as an associate. Jake regularly appears at the Superior Court of Justice and Small Claims Court. He is also experienced with Alternative Dispute Resolution methods, including mediation and arbitration.
Jake earned a Bachelor of Arts with an Honours Specialization in Psychology and a Juris Doctor, both from Western University. He was admitted to the bar in 2019.
Jake has experience litigating in the following fields:
• Real Estate Litigation
• Corporate and Commercial Litigation
• Construction Disputes
• Mortgage litigation including Enforcement and Improvident Sale
• Commercial Lease Litigation
• Estate and Trust Litigation
• Real Property Boundary disputes including Easements and Adverse Possession
• Real Estate Transactional Disputes
• Real Estate Agency Disputes
• Contract and Business Disputes
• Corporate and Shareholder Disputes
• Provincial Regulatory Offences
• Professional Negligence Actions
• Banking Litigation
• Franchise Litigation
• Administrative Tribunals